Position: Director of Event Organizing & Sponsorship
Business Unit: Corporate
Location: Chanvanich Building, Prakanong
A director of events is responsible for oversee the planning, promotion, and logistics of various events. You may work for a corporation, where your responsibilities revolve around planning and hosting promotional events, press events, sponsored concerts, conventions, expos, and conferences.
Perform tasks such as finding and booking venues, liaising with clients and suppliers, handling logistics, managing budgets and invoicing, organizing accreditation, managing risk and presenting post-event reports.
- Responsible for planning, managing, and organizing sensational events in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
- Plan and organize the event from concept to finish in accordance with the preference of the client.
- Create a budget that suits the the event’s need and maintain it.
- Select the most suitable location or venue; book, prepare, and arrange it for the event.
- Design a layout and agenda of the event; create event guides, tickets, pamphlets, and any other marketing activities to promote the event traditionally or digitally with the assistance of PR professionals or marketing executives.
- Hire key volunteers and manage staff, as well as special guest appearance, MCs, anchor or any other suitable entertainer for the event.
- Attend event to oversee activities and ensure details are handled as planned.
- Address any dispute that may arise, and remain on site after the event is over to ensure proper clean up.
- Work with and give guidance to volunteers and staff involved in event planning and execution.
- Negotiate and contract with vendors such as photographers, florists, caterers, technical and transportation services on a variety of goods and services like security, lighting, sound equipment, displays, stages, parking, food and drink and any other essential item to ensure the success of the event.
- Monitor delivery of goods and services to ensure contract terms are satisfied; adhere to legal, insurance, and health and safety regulations.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned or requested by clients.
- To secure event sponsorship and exhibition income, to achieve stretching income targets.
- Build and maintain strong external relationships with potential sponsors, corporate partners, and supporters, through securing and leading new business meetings, and maintaining strong relationships.
- Ensure that event sponsorship products are consistent with our corporate partnership programmes, and maximise opportunities for cross selling of sponsorship and partnership programmes.
- Experience in event organization or management or related work experience is an added advantage.
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal is a must.
- Positive and outgoing personality.
- Strong negotiation, leadership, and planning skills.
- Ability to multi-task, remain calm and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to details and good problem-solving skills.
- Experience or talent for organizing and working complex events in an efficient and methodical manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with diverse types of people.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also take initiatives when the need arises.
- A demonstrable record of success in new business development/sales roles.
- Demonstrable experience of maximising opportunities from researching prospects to generating meetings, and securing income.
- Experience of working in cross-departmental teams or structures to deliver projects.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.